Monday, September 21, 2009

Overnight in the hospital- not my idea of a good time

I debated whether or not to post about this, but its the most "blogworthy" thing thats happened in the last few weeks. So here goes.

Friday morning i started having some severe abdominal pain but i figured it was just normal pregnancy pains. After a while though they got really bad and i was worried they were contractions. Im just 30 weeks today so i was concerned about going into labor. I called my obgyn and they didnt have any more apointments(by this time it was 3 in the afternoon) so they told me to head to the hospital.
Turns out i was having contractions. Thankfully i had only dialated 1/2 a centimeter and was only 25% effaced. So they gave me a round of shots and a 2 pills to stop contractions. I was able to get a priesthood blessing. I was there overnight and was able to go home saturday morning. Im on bedrest untill "cleared" by my obgyn. I have an apointment with a obgyn in my obgyns practice tomorrow morning(my doc wasnt available till thursday). So fingers crossed. I did have a few contractions yesterday but none so far today. Its true what they say every pregnancy is different!

7 comments:

The Little Reporters! said...

Tosh, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you and baby boy Curfiss can hold on a few more weeks.

We love you all!

RussellsRoost said...

Tell that boy he needs to wait! Thats no fun! Hospitals are so not comfortable to sleep in! I hope you get to get off bed rest soon. Love ya

Julie said...

Oh Tosh be careful. You really do need to stay down so you and the baby are o.k. I wish I were close and could help. I love you tons. Please keep us posted.

Ash Kelley said...

oh my goodnight! This is how I find out about a hospital stay??!!! What am I chopped meat?? Send the boys up here have dad bring em' up until you're cleared missy! I can't believe you're on bed rest agghhh i would shoot myself in the foot! Stop running around so much woman!

Jessica Speed said...

Please take it easy. Hope you get off bed rest soon!

Sissybeth said...

Take care Tosh, love you and all your boys!

Stephens Family said...

I'm glad you and the baby are ok! Take care of your self!